Monday, February 8, 2010

You

You did this to me. You bastard. I see you every day, I look into your freak eyes and I see you looking back at me, full of contempt. Filled with hate and judgment. Nothing I do will ever be good enough for you will it? Will it!? Why can't you just accept me? You make me doubt everyone. Every single hand that is extended to me, every smile flashed in my direction...you cause them to be mocking! Because of you, no one likes me. Because of you, I don't like me. Because of you, I can't sleep. Because of you, my waking life is spent being paranoid or trying to prove myself. You make my future bleak. An actor!? Ha! I couldn't even get noticed in high school. Friends? Forget it! You told me that I'll never have any. Even those, who I count among my friends, are suspect. You make me bottle up my emotions so that they explode out.
What did I do to you? Why do you hate me? Is it because I'm fat? I'll lose weight. Is it because I'm weird? I'll be normal. But, that won't satisfy you will it? Nothing will. You are insane. You are so demanding! Look what you've got me doing right now! Look what I've written! You don't care...you never will...
I miss it so badly. I didn't know how good I had it. You clouded my vision. You were the reason I didn't see how good it was. I'd trade any of the good, from what I have now, for any of the bad, from what I had then. You would probably ruin it then. You would make the bad worse. You would make me miss the good...
You make me doubt my beliefs. My core values. My philosophy. You are the downfall of everything I've ever done and everything I'll ever do. You make success insignificant. You sharpen failure. I'm not asking you to change. I just want you to go away. Why do you want to stay? What could possibly make you want to stay? Do you enjoy torturing me? Is that it? You get some sick pleasure from watching me squirm. Maybe we could share in that pleasure then..or would that ruin it? I can't be rid of you. Death isn't an option. You'd probably follow me there. Insanity? Perhaps. As long as I was someone else. You could follow me there too though couldn't you? That would give you the ultimate satisfaction. I won't give it to you.
Just go.

1 comment: