Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why Again?

Well reader, it has come to my attention that this blog has become something with the emotional equivalent of a goth kid's "poetry" journal and with the secular and spiritual value of a used tissue. I would never profess myself to be a talented writer, so I do not hold onto the illusion that my rants have any effect on your emotions or your daily life. Frankly, I doubt that anything written here makes you think. You see, I'm not deep. Ha! Like you haven't figured that out by now! Let's cut the crap, as they say. However, I have never professed to be such.
I could sit here and ask useless questions all day, but nothing will change, will it? Will it? I've asked "why?" more than a handful of times, but does that question mean anything? Recently, I thought I had discovered that, no it didn't. "Why" has generated new meaning for me.
I know I exist. Thank/damn you philosophy! A sigh of relief. A reprieve. I think therefore I am...TRUTH! I finally understand what that means and the implications of that truth. I used to think I understood that thought and I did, at least the gist of it. The meaning is deeper and more fundamental than I originally conceived, however these words are the rantings of a madman! Descartes, how right you are sir, how inspired those five simple words are, but why? Why would you ruin brilliance with appalling (that's the lightest word I can justly use) logic. You can't reason in circles...well you can, but it is certainly cheating. Anyhow, even though my own existence is assured (thank you Time and Space), I'm not so sure about yours. It won't effect how I act toward you, I'll still be the same me I've always been; however, I'll never truly know if you are real, or if you are some sort of illusion (created by an evil demon, a hologram, or whatever effects brains in jars). So why even bother questioning if nothing is changed? Let me be quite honest, the incredible excitement and happiness I have when I write this answer is incredible. I feel like I used to. I feel alive and not even in a cliche way! (Back on track). Why? Why not? Ha! I said it!
Life is full of questions and they aren't even hard to find. Dear reader, I feel a tremendous upswing of positivity and though this venture holds no value (wait, what does a used tissue cost these days?) I will continue to voice my musings in this fashion. I will follow the stream of deep thought, through the ups and downs, the depressing and the lighthearted, not to find answers, but to simply ask why about what many choose to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment